The only man who can define cricket!

On 5th November, 2009 a living legend made another history. Again crossed his own records, made his country proud and gave a magnificent performance on the field, entertained the crowd with series of fours and sixes. He created the headline news, the breaking news, the closing news and every news. Unfortunately this little patriot’s contribution was not enough to make his country to get into victory. Yes, your guess is perfect; he is the master blaster, little master, the passionate cricketer sachin Tendulkar. What a man Tendulkar is! Really his statement “cricket is my passion” is perfectly correct. Otherwise for 20 years one could not have continued to be an opener, the man of the match, the best scorer, the man of the series and everything.

Sachin crossed the unbelievable 17000 runs in his ODI career he made another century i.e. altogether 45 centuries in one day. Half centuries are 92. No one is going to beat him at least in my lifetime. He is number one in every record. He is the largest number of man of the match winner, contributor of highest partnership, largest number of centuries against any nations, ....................sorry I can’t write more as, if I continue my pen ink would be over but his records won’t.

Really, no person in the world has the capability to criticise sachin Tendulkar. One should not dare to do so. Tendulkar have made cricket his life. For 20 years he is representing his own nation. He has become an institution himself. He has given new styles to hit boundaries to the world. He is known as the perfectionist. He is the most consistent player whose strike rate has never dipped down below 40.

On yesterday’s match he remained on the field from first ball to the 57th over, making one of the highest centuries of 175 runs. India was chasing 350 against Australia and Sachin contributed 50% of it. Unluckily it was not India’s day. When sachin is on the field, other players become so tensionless and callus rest of the 9 players could not score 125 altogether. What a shame for the team India! When sachin left the field, India had to hit only 19 runs from 17 balls and had last 4 wickets but India was not successful and could not win the challenge against Australia.

Although India lost, Sachin got man of the match because he really deserves it but tears came from his eyes because he is one of the greatest patriot and a gift to India. Sachin never plays for his individual score but for his mother India. So, for Sachin it was not a satisfactory century.

When asked “What was your feeling when you crossed 17000 runs?” Sachin so simply said that "it was my dream to play for India and I am grateful that I am doing it for last 20 years. And it’s an honour. "

Although I am one of the greatest fans of Sachin Tendulkar, I won’t count myself among the millions of fans in the world whose hearts come out on their hands when Sachin is on 99. It’s my dream to meet this patriot who has inspired me to show patriotism and I would meet this patriot that day when I would deserve to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fani - The Glamorous Storm of 2019

The Land of KALINGA Through my EYES - Part 1

My Tutorial Life - Tuition